NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety
Protecting people, property and your business
The NEBOSH Fire Safety Certificate (Launched 2021) is designed for managers and supervisors who are responsible for fire safety legislation and equips candidates with a range of practical fire safety skills. This course can be completed in one week.
The Course provides delegates with the necessary fire safety skills and knowledge to protect people, property and the workplace from fire hazards. By the end of the course, delegates will be able to identify fire risks and implement a range of fire prevention measures.
This Course replaces the NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management.
Who is the course suitable for?
The NEBOSH Fire Safety Certificate course is perfect for those who have fire safety responsibilities at a low to medium risk workplace (such as an office), including Facilities Managers and Health & Safety Managers/Representatives.
It is also suitable for individuals who wish to build a career as a fire safety adviser.
The NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety will involve a minimum of 28 taught hours and approximately 20 hours of private study and background reading.
Our classroom based course will take place over 4 days.
- Health and safety management
- Managing fire safety
- Principles of fire and explosion
- Causes and prevention of fires
- Fire protection in buildings
- Safety of people in the event of a fire
- Fire safety risk assessment
- Understand the management of health and safety
- Manage fire safety protocols in their workplace
- Understand the principles of fires and explosions
- Identify the causes and preventions of fires and explosions
- Identify and implement fire prevention and protection in buildings
- Manage the safety of people in the event of a fire
- Conduct a fire safety risk assessment
- Promote a fire safety culture
The NEBOSH Fire Safety Certificate course consists of two assessments:
- An open book examination – Candidates will have 24 hours to complete this written examination from home.
- A practical fire risk assessment – Candidates are required to complete a practical fire risk assessment at their workplace, using frameworks and standards, such as the Home Office fire guidance and PAS79-1:2020. There is no time restriction for the risk assessment, but three hours is recommended to compile a comprehensive risk assessment.
NEBOSH external examiners will evaluate both parts of the assessment.
What will you know after completing the course
This relevant and respected fire safety qualification will help you to:
- Gain a solid technical foundation to build on through practical application and experience
- Positively influence fire safety behaviours and improve fire safety culture
- Learn fire safety techniques that are based on global best practice
- Provide valuable in-house fire safety expertise for you workplace
- Advance your career by gaining specialist fire safety knowledge
- Avoid the damaging and sometimes catastrophic losses that result from fire.
What will you be able to do once you complete the course
This focused qualification helps you learn and develop fire safety skills which can be applied in workplaces anywhere in the world.
On completion of the NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety you will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand fire and explosion protection and prevention principles
- Carry out an effective fire risk assessment in a low to medium risk workplace.
Many people who have passed the NEBOSH certificate progress to studying the NEBOSH National Diploma, which is a degree-level qualification.
Classroom Learningat our centre in Liverpool
Get away from the workplace
Face-to-face support with highly experienced tutors
Network and interact with fellow delegates
Incompanyrun at your premises
Study alongside colleagues and learn together
Classroom or blended learning from home
Course customised to your workplace