National Examination Board Of Occupational Safety & Health
With over 35,000 people taking NEBOSH qualifications every year they continue to grow in popularity by giving delegates real life skills and employers professionally qualified staff in relations to health and safety.
NEBOSH courses are internationally recognised by the:
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM)
What can we offer?
We offer a wide range of NEBOSH qualifications to suit people at every stage of their career.
Courses are designed to provide managers, supervisors and employees with the skills and know-how to deal with a variety of health and safety issues.
They cover a range of training needs for a variety of industries.
Our NEBOSH Courses include:
Why choose us?
Here are just some of the benefits of choosing RSTCS to study NEBOSH:
- Excellent pass rates – consistently over 80%
- Expert tutor support – experience as NEBOSH examiners
- Interactive training – with discussions, case studies and application to workplace scenarios
- Confidence – that you are well prepared for all exams with revision materials and exam question practice
- Reassurance – with continued support outside of the classroom on all aspects of your learning
- Online delegate portal – access to leaner support materials
Our Suite of NEBOSH Courses
This is the most popular health and safety qualification in the UK and is essential for anyone wanting a successful career in health and safety. Holders of the NGC can apply for technical membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (Tech IOSH).
This course is aimed at managers and supervisors who are required to ensure that construction activities under their control are undertaken safely and without risk to health. People who hold the Construction Certificate have much stronger career prospects.
This focused qualification helps you learn and develop fire safety skills which can be applied in workplaces anywhere in the world.
You will have the knowledge and skills to carry out an effective fire risk assessment in a low to medium risk workplace.
Achieving a NEBOSH qualification will mean that you hold an internationally recognised health and safety qualification that will offer you a platform on which to build a successful career in health and safety. Investing in a NEBOSH qualification shows that you are committed to achieving a positive health and safety culture within your organisation.
Taking on a new course can be a daunting prospect and one that takes a lot of thinking about. The amount of time and money invested in getting the best result possible is significant so it is crucial you understand what to expect. As a result of this there are a number of commonly asked questions which we have aimed to answer as best as possible on this page and below:
- Who is the NEBOSH General Certificate for? The NEBOSH General Certificate is aimed at people who are just starting their role or career in health and safety. There are two versions – national and international.
- Can anyone take the NEBOSH certificate? As the NEBOSH Certificate is a foundation level qualification there is no prior knowledge required in order to take it. So, yes anyone is able to take this course!
- Does a NEBOSH certificate expire? Once you have completed the 2 units there is no need to retake any of them again. However you will need to complete both units within 5 years to pass successfully.
If your goal is to become a chartered health and safety professional, NEBOSH qualifications will help you get there. One route to CMIOSH status would be to achieve the entry level NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety followed by the NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety coupled with industry experience.
An open book exam assesses the same learning outcomes as an invigilated, paper-based exam. With an open book exam, you can have access to textbooks, course notes and the internet.
You can complete an open book exam in your own home, or another suitable location. You will have up to 24 hours to complete the NEBOSH open book exam, but we find that most candidates only take 4 – 5 hours.
The open book exam will assess your ability to apply your knowledge, as well as testing your analytical and critical thinking skills.
Following the open book exam is a short closing interview, which takes approximately 15 minutes. The purpose of the interview is to confirm that the work you have submitted is your own and that you did not have any assistance in completing your NEBOSH assessment.
The closing interview takes place via video call, which you can access via smartphone, tablet or computer.
The interviewer will ask to see identification, you need to provide either your passport, driving license or national identity card. The interviewer needs to see the room that you are in to ensure you don’t have access to notes during the interview.
The interviewer will ask you questions based on your open book exam, your work and your submission.
Your closing interview is not an assessment, so you won’t receive a mark. If the interviewer is happy that the work is your own, your mark will be published in line with NEBOSH timeframes.
For more information, visit the NEBOSH guide to Open Book Exams.
External examiners mark both assessments and are appointed by NEBOSH. Each examiner is chosen for their experience and expertise, ensuring candidates are assessed by the best in our industry.