Old School House
IOSH Working Safely
Providing the knowledge and tools to work safely
IOSH Working Safely provides basic training in health and safety for workers at all levels and industries. It also meets the UK government’s guidelines for introductory health and safety training. This is a broad entry-level course and is suitable for employees across the organisation.
The IOSH Working Safely course was developed by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). This is a global chartered body that creates training courses to promote high standards of health and safety in the workplace.
Candidates completing this course will gain the required awareness of workplace health and safety, in line with UK legislation. IOSH is recognised as one of the leading health and safety membership organisations.
Who is the course suitable for?
This course is for employees from any industry sector who have no supervisory or managerial responsibilities.
Our classroom based course will take place over 1 day.
The training course is split into four modules:
- Introducing working safely
- Defining hazard and risk
- Identifying common hazards
- Improving safety performance
After completing the modules you will understand more about:
- The reasons for working safely
- What hazards are
- The main hazard categories
- What risk is
- What risk assessment is
- Your options for dealing with risks
- Common hazards encountered in the workplace
- Key responsibilities for improving health and safety
- Key organisational arrangements for improving health and safety
The course includes:
- a mock exam and mock hazard spotting exercise to help you prepare for the final assessment.
- the IOSH Working Safely exam and hazard spotting exercise and completion of both parts of the assessment is required to pass the course.
IOSH Working Safely is an excellent precursor to further professional development, including the IOSH Managing Safely course or NEBOSH Certificates.
Classroom Learningat our centre in Liverpool
Get away from the workplace
Face-to-face support with highly experienced tutors
Network and interact with fellow delegates
Incompanyrun at your premises
Study alongside colleagues and learn together
Classroom or blended learning from home
Course customised to your workplace