Old School House
IOSH Managing Safely
Understand your responsibilities as a manager
The IOSH Managing Safely course gives people in positions of responsibility an overview of how to identify, evaluate, and control workplace risks. It helps those responsible for the safety and welfare of other workers to assess and control workplace risks. This includes evaluating the safety systems already in place within your organisation.
The IOSH Managing Safely course was developed by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). This is a global chartered body that creates training courses to promote high standards of health and safety in the workplace.
An IOSH Managing Safely certificate is a sought-after accreditation and supports continued professional development.
Who is the course suitable for?
IOSH Managing Safely is aimed at anyone with responsibility for other employees, including team leaders, supervisors, and managers.
The IOSH Managing Safely course is appropriate for staff across all industries, sectors and markets
Our classroom based course will take place over 3 days.
IOSH Managing Safely includes 7 study units:
- Unit 1: Introducing managing safely
- Unit 2: Assessing risks
- Unit 3: Controlling risks
- Unit 4: Understanding responsibilities
- Unit 5: Understanding hazards
- Unit 6: Investigating incidents
- Unit 7: Measuring Performance
- Understand the importance of managing health and safety in the workplace
- Define the key terms relating to health and safety
- Understand how to assess, reduce, identify, and control risks in the workplace
- Measure health and safety within your own workplace
- Apply best practice principles to your organisation’s health and safety systems
IOSH Managing Safely is assessed in 2 parts:
- Multiple-choice examination, in which candidates must demonstrate what they have learnt.
- Practical assessment, in which participants must show how to apply the knowledge they have gained throughout the course to real-life situations.
An IOSH Managing Safely certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of both parts of the assessment.
IOSH Managing Safely is an excellent precursor to further professional development, including the IOSH Leading Safely course or NEBOSH Certificates.
Classroom Learningat our centre in Liverpool
Get away from the workplace
Face-to-face support with highly experienced tutors
Network and interact with fellow delegates
Incompanyrun at your premises
Study alongside colleagues and learn together
Classroom or blended learning from home
Course customised to your workplace