We have recently be accredited by NEBOSH to deliver their Fire Safety and Risk Management Course.
The course is has been designed for managers, supervisors, employee representatives and others to provide an appropriate breadth of underpinning knowledge for non-specialists in fire safety to enable them to discharge more effectively their organisational duties for functions with respect to workplace safety.
The course aims to equip holders to contribute to the conduct and review of fire risk assessments and preventative and protective measures within low-risk workplaces, in accordance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and/or the Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006.
Delegates will need to complete 3 units in order to obtain the full qualification and this takes ten days to complete, including exams.
Unit NG1: Management of Health and Safety
- Element 1 – Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- Element 2 – How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Element 3 – Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Element 4 – Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit FC1: Fire Safety and Risk Management
- Element 1: Managing Fire Safety
- Element 2: Principles of fire and explosion
- Element 3: Causes and prevention of fires
- Element 4: Fire protection in buildings
- Element 5: Safety of people in the event of fire
- Element 6: Fire Safety Risk Assessment
Unit FC2: Practical Assessment
For Units NG1 and FC1, candidates will be assessed on2 x two-hour written examinations. The written papers are assessed by NEBOSH external examiners.
For Unit FC2, candidates will be required to complete a three hour practical examination within their own workplace. The assessment is to be taken within 10 working days of the completion of the FC1 written examination. The practical examination is moderated externally by NEBOSH and assessed internally by the provider of the course.
To achieve the full certificate, candidates must have completed the NGC1 or NG1 module within 5 years.
Get in touch with our admin team for more details