The Aim of the Course is to:
Provide the candidate with the knowledge and various practical skills involved in manual handling.
The Objective of the Course is to enable delegates to:
Demonstrate the practices of manual handling and lifting as described in the Approved Code of Practice for Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (as amended).
Who Should Attend The Course?
All personnel who are at risk of injury through carrying out manual handling tasks as part of their work duties.
Key learning points.
By the end of the programme attendees will:
- Understand why health & safety is so important?
- Receive an overview of the Manual Handling Regulations 1992, including employers and employees responsibilities
- Have an understanding of the basic structure of the spine and injuries that can occur if items are mishandled
- Understand the benefits of correct manual handling
- Understand the importance of undertaking a risk assessment on the manual handling tasks they are expected to undertake
- Have an understanding of the principles of safe moving and handling.