- Monday 22 November 2021
- All Day
Construction Phase Fire Risk Assessment
Aim of the course
This course is aimed at site and contract managers / supervisors and will provide an overview of how to manage fire risk on construction sites safely, effectively and efficiently
By the end of the course attendees will be able to:
1. Outline the moral, legal and financial reasons for fire risk management
2. List the legislation, regulations, codes of practise and guidance for fire safety on construction sites
3. Demonstrate underpinning knowledge of the fire risk assessment process by:
4. Outlining what combustion is and explain how a fire starts and develops.
5. List the common sources of ignition, fuel and oxygen on a construction site
6. List the common causes of fire on a construction site
7. Outlining the principles of prevention /hierarchy of control measures
8. List the key control measures to prevent a fire
9. List the key fire protection measures
10. Complete a fire risk assessment for a normal risk-rated construction site using the RCS FRA template.